Safaga is located about 60 km. south of Hurghada.
The transfer from the airport to both Shams Hotels – Shams Safaga Hotel and Imperial Shams Abu Soma – is around 45 minutes.
Shams Diving Centre means individual diving in a friendly and familiar atmosphere where safety, professionalism and friendship are keywords.
The international team’s goal is to give you a great holiday time and make you feel at home.
Experienced and qualified MULTI-LINGUAL staff members (instructor or divemaster) guide and monitor all diving activities.
All of the diving Centres boats are equipped with VHF-radio, oxygen and an MFA-box.
Cooperating with DECO International (recompression-chambers in Safaga and El Gouna), we offer an insurance, valid for 3 weeks, for a small fee.
The Diving Centre is open through the whole year, seven days a week from 8.00 a.m. till 6.00 p.m. so that you will always find someone to address to.
Our Diving Centre is located direct on the Beach of the Shams Hotel, next to our own marina. Transfer from other Hotels around can be arranged for free.
The Diving Center
- The Diving Center consists of a reception, classroom, an equipment room, workshop, and a separate compressor- and tank room.
- There is a spacious dry-room with two freshwater pools available, where you can clean and store your equipment.
- Of course there is also a large and cosy terrace and bar to be used after diving, where you can let your dive day fade out.
- For families we can arrange a nanny to keep your children busy while you are enjoying your dives.
She can come with you on the boat or stay ashore to play with your children and give all the attention needed to keep your young ones happy.
- ABC – equipment
- Regulators with finimeter and octopus
- BCDs (Scubapro)
- Dive computers (Suunto)
- Dive torches (Scubapro)
- underwater cameras
- Bauer K 15 compressors
- EAN (Nitrox) mix-installation
- Aluminium-tanks 12L (DIN/INT fitting)
- Aluminium-tanks 15L (DIN/INT fitting)
- Dive brevet
- Logbook with continuously counted dives
- Medical statement, not older than 2 years ( age 40+, not older than 1 year)
General rules and regulations:
- At boat dives divers with less then 25 logged dives will be, if needed, accompanied by a divemaster or instructor for free until they reach their 25th dive.
- Each diver has to undergo a check during the first dive.
- Our maximum depth is 30 meters, except for specific certifications, and decompression dives are not allowed.
- You can pay cash, Visa and MasterCard are accepted.
We are looking forward to your visit.